Robert E. Tellez is a founding partner in the Tellez Law Firm PLLC. Mr. Tellez focuses on criminal, DWI/DUI, traffic, and personal injury related issues. In particular, he has an interest in the intersection of criminal and immigration laws. He also has a practice in workers' compensation issues.
Mr. Tellez graduated from Catholic High School in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1997 where he was salutatorian of his class. He went on to attend Duke University graduating with a B.A. in Economics in 2001. Prior to law school, he worked for the Sam's Club Division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. in Finance as well as in Fixed Income Sales for Crews and Associates. In 2007, Mr. Tellez received his J.D. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with Honors.
While in law school, Mr. Tellez was Vice-President of the Hispanic Law Students Association as well as a member of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review. Prior to starting his practice, Mr. Tellez was an Associate at the Little Rock law firm of Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC. He was selected by his peers as a 2013 - 2019 Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star. He has been named to the National Trial Lawyer Top 100 for 6 years in Criminal Defense. In 2020, he was named a Super Lawyer in Criminal Defense for the Mid-South.
He was formerly appointed as Deputy for Arkansas of the Hispanic National Bar Association. In 2020, he was appointed by the Governor of Arkansas to the Census Complete Count Committee. He was also named as one of Arkansas' 250 Most Influential Leaders by Arkansas Business.
Mr. Tellez formerly served on the Board of Directors for the First Tee of Central Arkansas. He is currently on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for the North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce as well as on the Board of Directors for the Judge Henry Woods American Inn of Court. He is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the National College for DUI Defense, the Hispanic National Bar Association, the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Arkansas Bar Association, the Pulaski County Bar Association, and the Judge Henry Woods American Inn of Court.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Honors: University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review, Member
- Honors: Hispanic Law Students Association, Vice-President
- Duke University
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Economics
- North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC, Associate
- Sam's Club Division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Fixed Income Sales for Crews and Associates
- Select to Super Lawyers 2013-2019
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Board of Directors for the First Tee of Central Arkansas
- Deputy, Arkansas of the Hispanic National Bar Association
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Super Lawyers 2020 in Criminal Defense