Helping people deal with a wide range of legal problems
Robert Tellez is a Top Rated Criminal Defense and Car Accident Attorney in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
Robert E. Tellez is the founding partner of Tellez Law Firm PLLC. Mr. Tellez focuses on criminal, DWI/DUI, car accident issues, and traffic charges defense. He also has an interest in the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
Mr. Tellez graduated from Catholic High School in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1997 where he was salutatorian of his class. He went on to attend Duke University graduating with a B.A. in Economics in 2001. Prior to law school, he worked for the Sam's Club Division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. in Finance as well as in Fixed Income Sales for Crews and Associates. In 2007, Mr. Tellez received his J.D. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with Honors.
While in law school, Mr. Tellez was Vice-President of the Hispanic Law Students Association as well as a member of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review. Prior to starting his law firm, Mr. Tellez was an Associate at the Little Rock law firm of Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC. He was selected by his peers as a 2013 - 2019 Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star. In 2022, he was named a Super Lawyer in Criminal Defense for the Mid-South after being awarded this honor in 2020 and 2021. He has been named to the National Trial Lawyer Top 100 in Arkansas for 7 years including 2023.
In 2022, Mr. Tellez was invited to be a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. This is a a close-knit, peer-selected, and aggressively diverse honorary society of 3,500 of the best trial lawyers you will find anywhere. Less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, vigorously vetted for skills, expertise, and service; an invitation-only collegial network of lawyers who effectively represent clients across North America and around the world.
He was formerly appointed as Deputy for Arkansas of the Hispanic National Bar Association. In 2020, he was appointed by the Governor of Arkansas to the Census Complete Count Committee. For 2022 he was again named as one of Arkansas' 250 Most Influential Leaders by Arkansas Business.
For 2022, he is on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for the North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce as well as on the Board of Directors as Counselor for the Judge Henry Woods American Inn of Court. He is also on the Board of Directors for Pulaski County for the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
He is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the National College for DUI Defense, the Hispanic National Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association, and the Pulaski County Bar Association.
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Honors: University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review, Member
- Honors: Hispanic Law Students Association, Vice-President
- Duke University
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Economics
- Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC, Associate
- Sam's Club Division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Fixed Income Sales for Crews and Associates
- Super Lawyer in Criminal Defense for 2022
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers for Arkansas for 2023
- Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America
- Counselor for the Judge Henry Woods Inn of Court
- Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member for Pulaski County, Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Arkansas Bar Association, Member
- Pulaski County Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- Trial Law Institute, Member
- Diversity Law Institute, Member
- Order of Juris, Barrister
- Attorney and Owner of Tellez Law Firm PLLC
- Criminal Defense
- DWI/DUI Defense
- Plaintiff Car Accident Cases
- Traffic Ticket Defense
- Super Lawyers, 2022
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 in Arkansas for 2023
- Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, 2022